| This is the FREE Standard Edition of Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter. To read the Plus Edition, go to http://www.eogn.com/wp/. Don't want these emails? No problem! Click the unsubscribe link in the next to last line of this message. It will unsubscribe you instantly. You can also change your e-mail address or view archives of past mailings at the same place: in the next to last line of this message. Those functions also work instantly. Please feel free to forward this message to others. Today's Newsletter is Sponsored by Ancestry.com: Here are the latest articles on Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter for fazanovan@gmail.com.
|
Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter - 3 new articles Barking Up the Wrong Tree
Subtitle: Do as I say, not as I have done.I well remember the day that I lost about 100 ancestors. It could happen to you. In my case, early in my genealogy endeavors, I was adding information about "new" ancestors in great haste. Well, they weren't really new; they had always been my ancestors, but their names were new to me in those days. I'd find a new ancestor, record his or her information, then move on and find the parents. In the early days of my genealogy searches, it was easy... Ex-slave's Letter to Master
Here is a fascinating view into the inhumanity of slavery. Jordan Anderson was a former slave who was freed from a Tennessee plantation by Union troops in 1864 and spent his remaining 40 years in Ohio. He lived quietly and likely would have been forgotten, if not for a remarkable letter to his former master published in a Cincinnati newspaper shortly after the Civil War. Virginia Woman Discovers Lost Family Photos at Antique Shop
Cathy Tyree was on the hunt for an old couch when she stumbled across something incredible at an antique shop in Richmond, Virginia. Tyree had been in the store for only 15 minutes when she discovered a lost picture of her deceased father among the glassware, furniture and old books. More Recent Articles
|
| Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498 |